View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #2124
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Yep. I don't drink though. Wouldn't you know coming out of the restaurant my wife finds an art gallery. She's an artist by the way.....specializing in pastels, oils, and charcoal

Walked out with this oil painting that looks like our mini-schnauzer. Miniscule thing too. I told her she could do a better job, but it was by an artist she knows. $450......all because I wanted BBQ at one of the best places on Sullivan's Island because I haven't had anything like that in over a year!

They had pieces in there that cost up to $6K ea. And I didn't even find them all that impressive.

But you know how it goes....I haven't told her about the car parts that will be at home waiting on me to get back.
I'm laughing on the inside for a couple of reasons. At least she can't be upset with the car parts coming now.

I've been dabbling in some form of art all my life. It frustrates me to see how much some artwork goes for considering how basic it is; all due to the artists reputation. The art market is crazy. I see some really great artists, that get no recognition, that starve and some that could wipe feces on a canvas and sell it for more than I make in a year.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00