Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadroach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I prefer the looks of the Supra over the Z4, just too bad it doesn’t come with a manual.
I'm so irritated at the whole z4/supra launch simply because both BMW/Toyota simply REFUSE to offer a manual. I had real high hopes when they announced that the Supra would be released in NA with the 2.0 turbo for the 2021 MY - but STILL no plans for a manual option. It would have been the natural progression from my 3.0si coupe. But noooooooo........

This also means that there's no damn way Toyota will offer the next gen 86 with anywhere close to 250 hp since it would steal sales from the base 2.0 Supra. So - the lineup going forward with Toyota would end up being a gen2 86 with 200-220hp (and a manual) or 2 flavors of Supra (analogous to the old 3.0si vs M coupe) but ONLY with automatics.

I guess when the time comes to upgrade from my 3.0si coupe, I'll be looking at a 981. Good job Toyota.
BMW AG went to partner ZF to develop a 6-Speed manual transmission for the Z4/Supra. It was planned for a later release with the smaller engine you alluded to.

It will arrive later this year in the Supra (Z4 Coupe) but I would think it won't in the Z4 Roadster. Which is an absolute shame if you ask us.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0