View Single Post
      07-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #17
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind being instructor for those that are interested. People can also take turns doing ride-alongs with me as long as you're okay with it. I know some people are just terrible as passengers (get dizzy and stuff). Personally, I don't prefer riding in someone else's car at speed unless they're really competent
I agree with Ron in the sense that some sort of performance driving school would be nice going into a first day track event. I used to do mountain runs way back in the day before I even really started getting into modifying cars correctly lol. My eyes were soon opened to what real driving really is all about, but at least I had a decent ground base to start off with. Can't be afraid to hit the go-pedal, and just as importantly (if not more important), can't be afraid to brake either.
For beginners, I'd just stress driving lines only. No emphasis will be put on speed for obvious reasons. I feel like I'm doubly qualified because I've been coaching tennis for the past 6 or 7 years and have been able to develop top-ranked juniors in California
My passion for performance driving extends even moreso, as I feel that I personally have a ton more talent in car-control than tennis ball control; despite the fact that I was quite decent at tennis

BTW, I just recently borrowed a friend's PS3, along with his LogiTech G25 steering wheel/pedal/shifter combo. I'm going to try and rig up a setup using my stock driver side seat from the Z4M and plan on trying for the Nissan GT Academy 2013. Two of my friends are in the top 16 this year (out of 400,000 contestants worldwide) and are going to be competing (and subsequently be on Spike TV) in the UK @ the world famous Silverstone circuit. The winner will go pro Talk about dream come true

Last edited by mfanatic325; 10-23-2012 at 02:31 AM..
Appreciate 0