View Single Post
      02-05-2023, 09:52 AM   #4
OneFastMac
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
Not knowing much about wiring in car audio
Honestly, I would recommend learning or having your system installed by a professional. I just bought a Z4 with an aftermarket system installed by someone who “didn’t know much about wiring in car audio” and it caused me a massive great headache. And it’s not over! I’m just making the best of a bad situation until I can swing the cash to really fix their mistakes properly.

Quote:
Is there an easy splice to the antenna for the REM. My e86 doesn’t have the professional or factory amp in the trunk but does have the subs. I have a mtx amp that ran aftermarket subs I had in another car. I miss the bass that my e85 has when in the e86, I don’t want to rattle my license plate off, but having been a bass player do want to hear some bass lines that are getting lost so I have other subs to run from the mtx amp and still want to keep factory hu.
If you have the “basic” 6 speaker audio system, there’s probably not an amp remote wire at all. Most sub amps have auto turn-on when they receive signal; It’s not ideal but it’s simple and it works so you might go that route. Otherwise you’ll be splicing into something somewhere in the factory wiring harness to get a switched power signal.
I would also recommend using a quality LOC or channel processor if your plan is to keep the factory head unit.

I wish you well, but this thread isn’t where you’ll find what you’re looking for.