My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

BimmerWorld Mount Review

Name:  BW stud.jpg
Views: 1971
Size:  25.4 KB

Only had one minor issue installing the BW mounts.
Note in the picture above that the stud is square where it first come out of the mount.
I guess that's so it will press in tight on the frame like a clinch stud?
Dunno, but if that's the idea I think they overdid it a little.
I filed around them so I could at least get them started into the hole by hand.
Otherwise they would rock around and I was afraid they'd go in crooked or spin so the locating pin was out of position.
I think once I got the weight of the motor on them and socked the bottom nuts down they pulled in, but can't say for sure.
If not they'll probably sink the rest of the way over time, which will slack the bottom nut.
Good thing I used nylocs. They didn't come with nylocs. They didn't come with any hardware at all.
They came with BimmerWorld stickers and Gummi bears.

NHV? You betcha!
When I put the VT mounts in, there was the slightest vibration at idle. Nothing noticeable at higher revs.
With the BW there's pretty healthy massage action at idle.
More than just a massage. It's like there's a boom in the trunk jammin' Ess-Fiddy-Fo's greatest hits.
Above 1k the vibe goes away, but up around 3k I can hear more of the whirly bits in the engine.

I've only been around the block a coupe of times to shake it down. I'll have a much better assessment after I drive to work and back tomorrow.
I don't mind the vibe, although I now have a few more rattles in the dash, and I like hearing the whirly bits.
But if you're sensitive to NHV, I would recommend against them.

And I just put run-flats on, so now I'm hard coupled to everything.

Edit: After the engine gets up to temp the "boom in the trunk" effect at idle goes away, and the vibe isn't all that bad.
If you've gone from stock to VT, and noticed some extra vibe, double it.
(If that makes any sense).

Last edited by StickMon; 03-08-2016 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Update on NVH
Appreciate 0