View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

OEM Front end too soft and loose?

Hello all,

I've done a fair bit of reading and searching and even learned some new things from the many members here who know significantly more than me about suspension components. I'm on stock suspension and i'm not sure exactly how to describe it but i'd like to tighten up my front end so to speak. Not sure if its because the front end feels softer then the rear but I feel as if the steering can be more precise, and front springs could be stiffer. I don't feel any significant body roll but I don't feel super confident about how loose and floaty the front end feels especially at highway speeds.

For example on my F80 m3 with KW v3s the cars handling feels like "its on rails" so to speak. Very precise steering and I can place the car perfectly. The car feels very confident and not floaty at all. I know exactly where the cars going with any steering input. Z4m compared to that is less accurate. Obviously there will be a difference but it feels drastic to me. Maybe i've just gotten used to the precision of electric steering on the f80? not sure. I don't think that there is anything mechanically wrong or worn out and needs maintenance. I just feel like there is a vast amount of improvement to be done about this from factory

Car only has 36k miles and bushings are all good. Was wondering if anyone else feels the same way as me and what the first step to take would be?

I feel like coils would probably be the most obvious option and make the biggest difference while also helping with ride comfort as the oem suspension feels very harsh on any road imperfections

I've been reading about LCABs and such but i'm not that familiar with that stuff regarding an improvement you can feel. Never upgraded bushings before.

Trying to go the more affordable route as i'm in the process of selling the f80 to buy and heavily mod an e92 m3.

TIA
Appreciate 0