View Single Post
      06-02-2023, 07:19 AM   #4
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I've been racing and tracking with Hankook Z214's for about 15 years, so I do have a bias. For me, they have proven to be good value (if there is such a thing) when comparing their price, grip and wear. Hoosiers have more peak grip but fall off dramatically. Hankooks have a very flat grip curve where I've laid down some my fastest laps after 15 HC's. Depending on how much you scrub them, they will usually last to 20 HC's for me.

I can't compare to RR's as I've not run them, but a friend did a back to back at Roebling Road on his IP racecar (E36 M3) and found the RR's to be about 2 seconds slower than Hankooks on a short 1:18 lap. Admittedly, some of this gap could be due to RR's needing different camber and psi. He didn't attempt to setup the car for the RR's. As I found with my Hoosier experiment, different tires can require very different setups. Word is that the RR's wear like iron but have less grip than Hoosiers or Hankooks. So should be a good track day tire if you don't mind giving up a bit of grip.

As for setup, I run 275/40/17 square and have found the sidewalls to be very stiff. What works on my car I find odd, but it is what it is. I run low camber and low psi compared to the Hoosiers. Camber is -2.5f and -1.5r and 33psi hot. Not sure if it's a tire size thing with this particular Hankook size, as my previous car, also an IP racecar, liked -3.5f/-2.0r and 36 psi.

https://hankookmotorsports.com/produ...37854010474663
Appreciate 1
TAL2GK144.50