03-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Talking First Track Day - "Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Finnegan and I had our very first track day yesterday to celebrate one year with the Skelemobile! We took track school with NCRC (NorCal Racing Club) at Thunderhill Raceway just north of us here in the CA central valley.

OH.

MY.

GOD!

Short version: I'm addicted. I know this because I can barely stay awake today and wish I were back on the track. Even though it's pouring rain. LOL!

I learned a lot of interesting and useful tidbits of information yesterday, amoung which were:
  • Do NOT put your Z4M into sport mode, no matter what your friend in the e46 SMG M3 says. (I finally figured that out on my last session.)
  • BRAKE BEFORE TURN 11 and take it slowly
  • Don't bother looking for the track at the top of turn 5. It was there last time, it will most likely be there again this time.
  • Learn how to exit the track when no-one else is so that when you get a black flag during the flag exercise, you don't look like the jerk who ignores the flaggers - just like the one who can't get off the track

Everyone* was unbelievably awesome. The instructors are passionate about what they do and great at explaining and everything ran like clockwork! We met some cool people, including 'Todd with the 3.0,' who I hope stops lurking on this board and starts posting. I even got to ride along with one of the instructors so I could get some step-by-step instruction on his line and braking/acceleration. It was fabulous.

Yes. There were pics... http://www.flickr.com/photos/misskri...7626209040880/

*"Everyone" does not include the douchebag in the Mitsubishi Evo who was being a total JERK to everyone and rattled me by taking the apex of a turn away from me as I was setting up my line (our group was NOT supposed to pass in corners and were only allowed to pass if we were pointed by). I heard he was black flagged though...

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts

Last edited by Skelekitty; 03-06-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0