eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Well done eggman!
A great writeup and pics; the "offs" must have been harrowing! Tell us about it; same corner? Anyone with you? What caused the off? Entry speed? Braking late?
First one I was chasing a Mustang. He got a bit squirrely on the exit of a corner, I lifted a bit too much, inducing some oversteer, and did a fairly gentle spin off the track. Massive dust cloud as ORP is in the middle of the desert.

On the next day, the driving group ran the track in the opposite direction. I personally don't like this. It's a great track in both directions, but I would prefer to focus on one layout for a whole weekend.

Anyways, it was the second day, crazy desert heat, not a great night sleep in a cheap motel... and I thought "I can take this flat" and part way through the corner I realized this was not going to happen. I tried to recover - as in kept my boot in it - which made it much worse! Another massive dust cloud. Felt pretty stupid.

Oregon Raceway Park is a great track and I will be back once we get through this pandemic crisis. Valuable lesson learned - needing to drive the car home requires very different sensibilities than putting a formula car into a trailer

I hope we run into each other at one of these PNW event days!

Cheers,
Eamonn
Appreciate 0