SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukunftvier View Post
Beautiful. Envious. If the M3 is out of my price range, I guess I'd look for a 335i or 340i, maybe with the M sport package (or does that /make/ it an M3?).

I'm in the North with snowy winters. Do I need xdrive, or is it sufficient to have winter tires? Can I get xdrive + manual trans? So many questions. Thanks for your help (everyone)!
I grew up in Michigan and drove rear-wheel cars until Volkswagen introduced the Rabbit, which was front-wheel drive, which we bought for my girlfriend's first car. I bought two front-wheel-drive Honda Preludes after that, but after I moved to CA I bought a Honda S2000. I always ran snow tires on all four wheels on my rear-wheel-drive cars in Michigan. After buying the front-wheel-drive cars I didn't feel the snow tires were required.

If I still lived in Michigan, my cars would be BMW xDrive cars with snow tires on all four wheels. Other people will undoubtedly have different opinions.

A 335i or a 340i will never be an ///M car, even with an M Sport Package, although many people think that they can "upgrade" those cars with aftermarket parts to equal a ///M car. Again, others will have different opinions. My wife's first BMW was an E92 335is Coupe, marketed as a step between the 335i and the M3, and while it was a great car and fun to drive, it was closer to the 335i than it was to the M3.

Appreciate 1
kaybat125.50