02-05-2016, 03:44 PM   #107
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I don't know that anything would stick. You don't have a written contract that incorporates liquidated damages. You can always try!
It wouldn't be the original block that I would be attempting to file a claim, just debating the incurred cost that I received from not having a vehicle due to the two month delay in shipping which wound up delaying the build schedule four months (as things didn't arrive when we had planned them). Obviously the only prosecution that I could embark on would be for those two months of delayed shipping (which they gave me a deep discount on an oil pump) but outside of that it's cost me a lot more than a 10-16% discount which I already get from a BMWCCA membership.

Again I'm not upset with anyone throughout this whole process, it's just unfortunate. I'm a little discerned that they didn't do more, and asking them for something in regards to the delays for failed shipping on two lower castings from Germany seems in order... but I could be wrong. I suppose there isn't much that would/could come from it at this point regardless.

I'm not sure if I made that clear before pokeybritches, but if that's what you're responding to, I hear you. I just wouldn't think I needed documentation of failed deliveries. I have the shop that can attest to it, but not sure what else could be done. I appreciate you're input!

Happier note! Some more photos.

This is all until next Tuesday when the remaining parts arrive, then it's time to fire her up!