Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigg614 View Post
Ahh okay I fully understand now, thanks for that. What about the front wheels though (off by 13)?

Furthermore why is 25 the magic number for the rear, considering stock is 30? It's quite confusing as some members aim for 23 (https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911228) and various other numbers.

Although I feel I might be splitting hairs at this point...
It all comes down to tire selection. I'm telling you from my experience and what I've read through this entire thread. I run Conti Extreme DW 275/30R19 and with the 25 offset gets me about 15mm clearance from the inner fender liner and 10mm clearance from the outer fender were it meets the rear bumper. Some have reported rubbing the outer fender with a 22 offset...so your mileage may varies. I always go on the high side in offset because it is easier to correct if you rub on the inner fender - just add spacers to correct. If you go on the low side, it's difficult to correct if it rubs the outer fender - only options are running narrower stretched tires or add more negative camber, which can only do so much.

I have 35 offset for the front and run 245/35R19 - same Conti Extreme DW and that slightly rubs the outer fender liner (where the bumper and fender meets) on full compression. I know someone who also have a 35 offset that runs the same size tire (245/35R19), but with Michelin PSS and he has a slight rub on the inner rear fender liner on full lock. But most don't have issue with a 35 offset with 245/35R19 tires. A 30 offset will push it out another 5 mm, so it will clear the inner fender strut and liner for sure, but you may risk rubbing on the outer fender, which may be corrected (to a degree) if need by adding more camber and or running a narrower tire. Again, your mileage may varies depending on tire selection.

Last edited by XMetal; 06-19-2020 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 1