06-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #545
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post
Hi Ryank382,

I did a bit of messing around with spacers before choosing new wheels, so hopefully I can help.

The first picture is with the standard wheels and a 12mm spacer. It didn't look bad but I thought that another 5mm further out would look better.

The second picture is with an 8.5 inch wheel, +35 offset with a 10mm spacer (and a R18 235 40 tyre). So, it is equivalent to the stock 8 inch +42 wheel with a 23mm spacer. I think this setup looks spot-on but 3mm further in (i.e. using a 20mm spacer) would look great too.

A 12mm spacer on the back will be fine - this is exactly what I had in the third picture.

My car is still standard height and geometry. If you're lowered, you may have more camber and it won't look quite like the pictures of my car.
Thank you for the help! I actually got 15mm for fronts and 12.5 for the rears. Will be fairly low so with the added camber it won't look as pushed out as yours but I'm ok with that. Rather not have any rubbing which i suspect might be the case going much lower with the effective final offset.
Appreciate 0