mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
First time with 6MT on track. I have newfound respect for MT drivers
hehe, same critique goes for you Sat! Keep up the good progress guys. You'll be running 1:45s in no time

Might I suggest double-apex for turn 2 Andretti hairpin. It's a relatively safe defensive line. Safe because even if you kick out your rear end (which I sometimes actually have to intentionally induce), you still have run-off space. Whereas if you take a single-apex offensive line, you have to dive deeper into the corner before you turn; and thusly have less runout room.

Where you had your camera mounted made it seem like your track-ins (turn-ins) were a tad bit late per corner, but maybe they were just fine in real life?

For you specifically Sat, you'll gain TONS of speed and reduce your lap times by a lot once you get used to shifting more
4th for main straight, 4th between turns 5 and 6, and then I would stay in 4th as well all the way up the hill for the back straight; then downshift to 3rd for the corkscrew and finish the remainder of the lap in 3rd.

I also recommend 2nd gear at turn 11 if you really need to shoot out of there fast and stay ahead of certain scary Miatas and/or S2Ks
Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
All fixed??
Seems that way
I've been able to go full throttle all day. Now I need to make sure my diff doesn't have any issues. P-Tech thinks that my diff has too much play and I may need a rebuild, with new LSD unit..
Appreciate 0