View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #14
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I'm using Kgolf's rear settings (took his recommendation--great stuff--car is better with a bit more toe-in, able to put power down as noted in prior post).

I'm running -1.7 front 1/16th toe-in. I've also run zero toe-in front--better for tire wear but the car is a bit more work straight-line and more sensitive. Suggest starting with a tiny bit of toe-in (1/16th total front) if you're going to change front alignment. I also have Turner camber washers in front.

Front negative camber is easy to achieve using the Turner camber washer kit. (Stock can only get to -1.0 or a bit more with the "pins"--small hex head bolts--removed.). See this thread for everything you'd ever need to know. 2 washers will easily get you to -2.0, and allow adjustment between ~-1.7 - ~-2.6 by moving the struts in/out.

Alignment is always a compromise between tire wear and max grip. Street--for me--is the compromise I'm comfortable with expressed in the settings above. YMMD. Driving inputs are the most important factor though--alignment helps but the driver is key not the settings.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-01-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0