View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Here is an update on Z4M battery replacement. I had heard that the 48extAGM battery at O'Reilly was an exact match. In my car, this was true. It was identical. I just swapped out batteries tonight and put both batteries on the counter to compare them before I bought the new one. Both were the same color/markings, both had 760CCA and both had the vent hole in the exact same spot. Most importantly, they were identical in dimensions. Now comes the bonus--for about another week or two, O'Reilly has this battery on sale AND with a $25 gift card. This battery is currently $149.99, $10 off its normal price. With the gift card included, it told me it was finally time to replace my original battery. I was thinking about replacing the old one before the winter but this pushed me to do it now.

So my question is why does Autozone and Advance show that the correct size is H6 or H5 when the 48extAGM is the clone of the OEM battery?

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0