View Single Post
      08-15-2022, 05:08 PM   #34
MarinerZ4C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0Si Coupe

SYLVANIA - Headlight Restoration Kit

Thought I would add an option for others to consider.

My 2006 3.0Si Coupe came to me with one headlamp looking nearly new and the other side 'restored' by someone who did a really good job on about 9/10 of the headlight. I looked on the store shelves for a curing UV-absorbing top coat, and I came up empty at several chains. So I bought this: SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit (about $20 plus tax & shipping from Amazon)

This kit is designed for two headlights, and I'd say it is sized just right for that. It takes a little finesse and elbow grease to do a really good job, but it's got good components, and it gives a very satisfying result. Unlike several other kits, the clear coat with UV-Absorbers actually is a curable hard-coat.

It takes a little skill and patience to do it right, but if you do other sanding/painting/varnishing DIY's, you will have no problem. Do read the directions fully, since they matter. This product was highly rated by Project Farm, and he was correct !

I cannot yet rate longevity. But this has a better shot than anything else i have seen, except prepping the same way and spraying the lights with a 2K Clear Coat.

I may or may not apply a PPF (paint protection film) on the lenses eventually. PPF can sometimes give an iridescent Moire optical effect, which it did on my 2005 325xi when installed on brand new lenses.

2006 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, Montego Blue, MT
2008 128i Convertible (sold)
2005 325xi Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3853.50