View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 02:24 AM   #44
2skiddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

An interesting bit, for me at least, was early on after receiving the shell, which we named Michelle, (very original), was a missing piece of the puzzle. Yes there were many pieces to try and fab and purchase from Motorsport, but the catalogue is awful with few photos, some errors and omissions. This quandary was what connected the tubing that came down to act as the rear subframe where the inner fulcrum point attaches and also the diff case nose? They wouldn't be left dangling, and anyway there was a threaded and chamfered recess in the bottom of them, so there would be some sort of brace attached for triangulation to other points. I couldn't find a photo of this and Motorsport wondered what I was on about, not for the first time! I persevered with my contact over in Munchen, and eventually the missing item was found, Holy Bat shield!!! Didn't quite expect something that big and heavy, 22kg IIRC. I was told it was for balancing the car, mmmmm, well it is very strong, made of a steel lattice set in carbon fibre. What a mix! This is an intrinsic part of the shell, it adds an enormous amount of strength, and attaches in several places with M10 bolts. It cost an arm and a leg, but it was very necessary. The underside is nice and flat, which joins up to the diffuser, giving some nice air flow, which some of you fellow modders have nicely achieved.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mirko182.00