View Single Post
      03-31-2016, 07:06 PM   #38
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Dave, your idea with a recirculating bypass should work. The only thing that would be different is the hot boosted air is being dumped back into the intake pre-supercharger, so inlet temperatures will rise (and therefore so will discharge temperatures). I'm not sure if water/meth alone would be enough for cooling... I'm not saying it won't be, but I would need to do some thinking on psychrometrics.

I built a calculator that's pretty handy. I can shoot it your way if you're interested... or, if you give me some specifics of a few different setups, I can graph them out.
Not to to hijack your thread Josh.
Here is what I came up with for a "relief valve" to bleed off excess boost resulting from the smaller pulley. Down in the depths behind all the hoses is another WMI nozzle to assist with the increased boost.
The strut bar has been removed for access but goes back in.
The plumb back valve in the intake tract is by Turbosmart and is plumbed into the existing BPV line recirculating between the MAF and the blower.
The valve comes with 3 different pressure springs that I will need to experiment with to achieve to the relief pressure I am looking for. It may come to having to shim one of the springs to achieve that.
I have yet to start the car this spring but that should happen this weekend.
I will report back with findings.
Attached Images

W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0