View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Anyone prefer an SI over an M as a weekend car?

So the stars may be aligning for me to purchase a Z4C as a weekend car.

So my question is should I look for a Z4MC or a 3.0SI?

I owned a 2007 3.0SI for 4 years. I loved that car.

Z4C 3.0SI's were not sold in Canada so finding one is pretty difficult and importing one is a headache and expensive given the current exchange.

Z4MC's can be found here and they are appreciating in value (the SI coupe's are also probably appreciating but maybe not as quickly.

I have only driven 2 Z4MC's, one prior to the purchase of my SI and one while I owned a 2014 Cayman S. I did not walk away saying I must have a Z4M

I've reviewed all the 3.0SI vs M threads (ok maybe not all of them ) and I don't think they hit on my exact query.

I am wondering if anyone who has had both or at least driven both for an extended period, PREFERRED the 3.0SI as a road car in terms of driving enjoyment. Using that metric alone (since that is all that matters to me) would anyone choose the SI over the M?

in my mind the Z4M's
hydraulic steering, better suspension, styling cues attract me

but the n52 is such a peach, it's so smooth (smoother than the s54) and I think it might actually have better low end torque response than the s54
but that's about all it has over the M...so I am tempted to focus on an M search

but then I realize the SI might actually fit my driving style better, which is perhaps 7/10's driving, going to 5500 rpm or so, taking curves and ramps with enthusiasm. I am not a track type.

So maybe the SI fits me better?

Last edited by baege; 03-17-2019 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0