02-26-2019, 10:03 PM   #11
NotAJock
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
I feel like this is closer to a $40k car. Find another one in the country with that low mileage, the right options on the inside and the last model year produced.

Will obviously take the right buyer. List it for $20k and you'll have 100 buyers in the first week. List is for what it's worth to someone willing to pay for rarity of the package and it may take some time.

GLWS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Spend 5k on some upgrades, track it and never look back. Don't sell it mate, you'll regret it down the line.
Thank you. As tempting as it is to hold on to it, sometimes you just gotta let go :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I agree with robertm - this is a $40k car easily IMHO. Extended leather is a HUGE plus IMHO, partly because of its rarity, but mainly because it's just a very nice feature to have - and hardly anybody has it. Carbon leather trim is also a huge plus. It's also a non-nav car. Eric @ EAG told me recently that non-nav cars fetch a $4k premium over nav-equipped cars. That sounds like a stretch to me, but then again I'm not surprised as I personally wouldn't own one with nav, it's an immediate disqualifier for me.

When I was in the market last October if I'd seen your car listed at $40k I'd have been on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. I got lucky and found a Space Gray '08 with 34k miles, also non-nav & carbon leather, but without extended leather, with an ask price of $38k, listed right here at zpost.com. I offered $34k after some discussion with the owner - it had paintwork on the driver's door from a minor collision so that was a bit of a downer. But the work was done perfectly and I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Compare your car to this one at EAG - Eric is asking $39,900, and it has 9k more miles, a bunch of paintwork, and needs more - the bumper needs refinishing, and the windshield is quite beaten up. The front bumper has also been drilled for a license plate, and yours apparently has not - also highly desirable if that's true.

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

Looks like it's finally sold. It's been there since at least last October. There's also this one with only 23k miles for $46k, but a far less desirable spec than yours IMHO:

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

So yeah, $40k all day long for yours. Is inspection 1 done yet? If not I'd get that done before putting it up for sale, as well as get a PPI done along with that service, so that you can present that to a prospective buyer and get maximum $$ for a turnkey gem. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Final comment - BaT (bringatrailer.com) was mentioned and I think that's a very viable option for selling. They've moved a number of M coupes recently and the nicer ones have done quite well. Their auction feels are low ($99 to the seller and a capped low premium for the buyer) and the community there is very helpful in moving the auctions along. Check it out, read their terms, see what they're all about...

https://bringatrailer.com
Kevin - That is very valuable information, much appreciated.

07 Z4MC - VF570

Appreciate 0