Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88
Many are looking for an explanation for your muffler pricing. There is a general feeling that you guys are charging a premium price for “off the shelf” parts since you are using the Aero mufflers. This is a community full of DIYers and there are a couple examples of guys who have built “one-off” axle back muffler using Aero product for a lot less than your GB pricing.

I discussed the price issue with you guys during the weekend I brought my car to your fabricator for final system fitment. At that point in time you outlined for me the differences in your mufflers that drive the cost up. Based on feedback I have received through PMs and posts in the GB & testing threads, many believe you are turning a huge profit on the mufflers. I believe you guys need to give the complete breakdown to the Zpost community on the difference between your mufflers and the “off the self” "one-off" option that is less expensive.
These are good concerns, without giving away any trade secrets I will try to answer your questions

The mufflers we are using are built specifically for us based on our specifications for performance and sound. We also wanted to show our first customers we are using quality products on our system. We have spent a lot of time on the research in how all all of our components work together to produce a high quality system for a reasonable price.

The ceramic is a necessary component to the mufflers. The coating on the mufflers do not only add protection and add esthetics but play an intricate part on the system. Each part of the system works hand and hand with each other to achieve the goals set initially.

The tips are the last part of our system that shapes the sound. The tips are specially designed to enhance the sound so the end result is truly the sound you desire. Our tips are hand built and designed for equal flow To most of you the way the tips look can either make or break the system. we considered all the input from the forum and tried to design Great looking tips but also functional. All options were considered tip diameter, length, and material, You might say we built the tips to your specs.

Our system is connected with racing clamps and flanges which eliminate turbulence for maximum performance. For those of you Do It Yourself you are going to really appreciate this aspect of the system when it comes to installing or replacing components, this will quickly become an invaluable component to you. For those of you who take it to the shop to be installed (nothing wrong with that) you will be able to say your system uses race technology.

We have searched for a way to get seamless quality welds on our system. We feel our welds provide the maximum strength you can achieve. Our welds not only add esthetics to the system but play another intricate part Since the welds are so smooth they (along with other factors) reduce the horsepower robbing exhaust turbulence

We put an incredibly amount of engineering and research into all components Especially the mufflers the mufflers were made to complement the entire DKF system. We spent hours of time, numerous calculations and program simulators to produce the best system.

I guess to sum it up we have strived to bring our customers the best exhaust system based on racing technology to our customers for the best price possible.

I hope the information we have provided has given some insight to the questions purposed as well as answered them sufficiently

Respectfully
Appreciate 0