03-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #944
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
I have to agree with most of what was said above. The system looks beautiful, the welds are great, the hangers are better than stock and the racing style joints are a thing of beauty. Obviously a lot of research went into choosing all the parts, contacting suppliers, etc. If Chris is impressed by the system, that's enough for me, we all know his attention to detail is unparalleled and has one of the best Z4M builds anywhere.

My concern is I don't see the engineering work. I'm not saying it's not there, but so far there has been no mention of any measuring or testing in the development of this system. I'm not saying publish your research, but showing us some results would not give away your secrets while providing useful information.

At the very least the dyno numbers should've been done with the same headers.

Right now it's a beautiful system that sounds great. For some that is all they want, but for me to spend half the money it would take me to get to ESS VT1 I would need to see some compelling performance numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
ok now its great to read someone with a proper constructive argument and yeah put like this i see what your saying...... Kinda have to echo this really..... i'm in to buy one but i'm slowing spending my exhaust fund due to the timing and lack of info coming from this..... i've already purchased a hardtop and so on.....
Beta, well said, and Beedub, yes, this is a better argument. We already know about the system's build quality, which is what I'd call "build elegance and intelligent design". No questions there. As for the rest, Beta lays out the missing elements very clearly. My comments above aside, if the performance and engineering are there, then the value is there.
Appreciate 0