09-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #10
HarryFD
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
It's intermittently:
http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/r.../e85/index.htm
but they seem to have lost their DNS registration again.

Just had a peep inside my trunk and I guess the light switch must be inside that module.
There's jack squat anywhere else.
If they pull that off with only 3 pins, one must be +12V, one must be power to the light (with the other side of the light grounded), and one must be switched to ground to energize the unlock servo.
Stickmon:

Thanks for the link. I have this stuff for my 911 and Bus but not the Z4. It is incredibly handy for stuff like this.

This afternoon I had some time to do some testing with my voltmeter. With the trunk lid open, I have 12 volts on one side of light. The ground side is open. When I connect the ground side of the light to the negative terminal of the battery, the light illuminates. This is tells me that my ground is missing.

A fellow posted a wiring diagram on the Bimmerfest BBS.

It looks like the trunk switch switches the ground for the light.

I did some more testing. Terminal 3 goes to ground as required. It appears the wire from terminal 1 of the latch connector to the light does not have continuity. I am thinking the area that flexes between the body and trunk lid has a broken wire. When I have some time, I will look into this.
Attached Images

Last edited by HarryFD; 09-17-2018 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Typo. Meant Terminal 3 not 1.
Appreciate 1
StickMon636.00