View Single Post
      09-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

I'm not using the Hue lights but I am gradually converting most of the lighting in the house to "smart" lighting. Using smart light *bulbs* would be very costly, in my case, as I think the kitchen alone has 13 recessed lights.

Instead, I'm replacing the switches with Zwave Plus units. I can't change the color but that really didn't matter to me. It's nice to click the "Bedtime" button instead of my normal nightly walk to make sure everything is off. Using Alexa to invoke scenes is handy too...

They were a little difficult to figure out how to wire, especially the three ways. Of the 12 or 15 I've installed so far, one went bad a few days after installing. Other than that, they've worked well. I do have two "bulbs", not Hues, that do lose connectivity every now and again. I'm using the GE/Jasco switches with the SmartThings hub...

Oh... the only other "issue" was, for example, I've got a 5-gang box in the kitchen. These switches are much "deeper" than the ones they replaced. Cramming everything in there was a bit of a pain in the neck...

Last edited by amgraham; 09-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Added info...
Appreciate 1
obert1781.00