03-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #39
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
So glad this all worked out, since it was me who stumbled onto this Rack Doctor cat in the first place. I would have felt awful if he would have turned into a bad experience. But in the end, the good Doctor comes through! Now we all know where to turn if we have rack needs in the future. Awesome.
KevinC, Sir, thank you for finding the Rack Doctor! My '06, 367,000-mile E90 325i just this week lost the right-side piston seal. This morning I've been looking into the rack replacement cost. And decided to check in on the Z4 Forum... Basically, $700 from FCPEuro or $800 from BMW for ZF-rebuilds, or $189.99 from the Rack Doctor.

Guess who I'm calling on Monday. I may just pull my rack first and send it to them for a rebuild.

Thanks again. You da' Man.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0