View Single Post
      12-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #49
bmwz4dude
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

06 bmw z4 3.0si roof problems

Could you please show me where the actuators are located at, and the seals.. because the motor and roof was replaced about three months ago, and I know that isn't the problem for sure. And I can't go to the dealership to have them fix it as I am broke, but I am handy, so I rather do it myself. Can you please send me a message here or to my email denistkachuk07@gmail.com - and also where do I get your DIY pic instructions? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Since I wrote the original DIY on the softtop motor, I have privately been keeps an informal tab on softtop issues. Over the last two or three years, more and more of the hydraulic actuators have been developing leaks. On some cars, just one actuator will fail. On others, both will fail.

Since I have been dealing with hydraulics on Submarines for the last 30 years, this really is to be expected after a long period of time and use. The seals will deform or 'roll' and now they need replaced. It is not a design issue.

I actually would like to get a hold of a failed actuator and take it apart to see if they can be rebuilt.
Could you please show me where the actuators are located at, and the seals.. because the motor and roof was replaced about three months ago, and I know that isn't the problem for sure. And I can't go to the dealership to have them fix it as I am broke, but I am handy, so I rather do it myself. Can you please send me a message here or to my email denistkachuk07@gmail.com - and also where do I get your DIY pic instructions? Thank you
Appreciate 0