View Single Post
      12-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #48
bmwz4dude
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

06 bmw z4 3.0si roof problems

Could you please show me where the actuators are located at, and the seals.. because the motor and roof was replaced about three months ago, and I know that isn't the problem for sure. And I can't go to the dealership to have them fix it as I am broke, but I am handy, so I rather do it myself. Can you please send me a message here or to my email denistkachuk07@gmail.com - and also where do I get shipkiller's DIY pic instructions? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecycledTeen View Post
Here's latest update:

Got the fluid, topped off motor/pump, cycled power to it off and on, reversing a couple of times, got it to push fluid into the system, confirmed location of leak. It's not the lines as suspected, it's the RH actuator. Must've blown a seal and leaks this stuff right out from it's housing.

Since it's a replaceable part, I'll give it a shot (thankfully with a little help from THIS).

Also, depending on turn around time, may consider a rebuild pair from these guys. Two for the price of one. Anybody have any experience with them?

Could you please show me where the actuators are located at, and the seals.. because the motor and roof was replaced about three months ago, and I know that isn't the problem for sure. And I can't go to the dealership to have them fix it as I am broke, but I am handy, so I rather do it myself. Can you please send me a message here or to my email denistkachuk07@gmail.com - and also where do I get shipkiller's DIY pic instructions? Thank you
Appreciate 0