10-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #16
Audidude
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
How it should have come from the factory! ❤️
What size tires did you go with?
I knew that with the different wheel offsets (42/30 going to 29/23) and 8.5inch fronts and 9.5inch rears, the outside edges of the tires would be closer to the fender - going to wider tyres would bring them even closer. I'm not convinced that there's a major advantage in increasing tire width by 1-2cm, possibly minor in the dry and almost certainly a reduction in grip in the wet. I know some like the fatter look of wider tyres, but that holds no appeal to me - the car looks great on stock width tyres.

So I went with 225/45-18 fronts, and 255/40 rears - OEM size. The tyres don't look even slightly stretched onto the half inch wider rims. The car looks great on this combo

Turns out the tires on the 2nd hand rims I bought were run flats (Bridgestone 225/40 RE050A fronts, and 255/45 S001 rears) which I didn't realise initially - the Michelin Pilot Super Sports ride far better and are much quieter as you'd expect compared not only to Bridgestones, but run flat ones to boot!!!

Now I'm wondering about switching in some Bilstein B6 shocks all around (car's done 32,000miles, and there's a creak from R rear shock)....

Last edited by Audidude; 10-08-2019 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Correction error
Appreciate 0