View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #19
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

It's not just you. I noticed similar experience on Lightning coming into T1 from high speed straight. I think the combination of heavy braking (gas goes towards front of tank) and then tight-right turn OVER a crest, all contributes to the fuel pump starving, even on a full tank. I always get a sputter when I'm on the gas after T1.

My solution is part throttle it for just 1-2 seconds after T1, then go full, and it goes away.

I have a venturi "upgrade" to try someday and see if that reduces the issue. For now at least, every single session I do on any track requires me to start with a full tank for the least amount of disruption. That reduces it.

In Pocono NORTH, the long tri-oval I'm flat out and don't get fuel starvation, which is odd in itself. I have no explanation.

I have a feeling our best solution here is to use a small fuel accumulator. I had to so something for my Meth injection because my meth pump would start from high Gs and the meth tanks sloshing the meth all to one side, starving the tank outlet.

I created a small cylinder about the size of a soda can that sits lower than the tanks. There is always meth in there. When the meth tanks start to starve, there is enough in the 'soda can' to run meth for about 10 seconds of boost. By that time, the meth from the tanks will start filling it up again with gravity.