10-18-2021, 10:30 AM   #18
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I am going to look into this.... thanks for the link!

At the very least the car could probably use a new pump/filter. I have never changed the pump and had the car since new so I am sure its getting a bit tired. The fuel filter is integrated with the pump so i am sure that needs a change too after 86K miles

I'll also do some data logging this weekend and see if I confirm it is fuel starvation.
So for awhile this issue went away but it came back this weekend at Pocono while running their mega track configuration. It was happening consistently on the two straights where I would be down shifting from 5th to 4th and then rolling back on the throttle. Both turns are high speed/high G right hand turns. After I would downshift to 4th and get back on the gas the car would sputter and sound sort of like when the traction control kicks in on my 911 Turbo or a motorsport grade TC system where it cuts spark. Before when I got this issue on high g turns it would cut power hard but this time it was like it was just misfiring. The funny part is there is some other high speed turns there but I was not getting the misfire.... it seemed to only happen after I had done a run through 3rd/4th/5th on the stirghts and then was downshifting to 4th. Fuel level didnt matter... full tank and 1/4 tank it did the same thing.

I never changed the pump/filter and I just clicked over 90K miles so that is going to be the first course of action along with getting the injectors cleaned. I'll let everyone know if I find the pump not attached correctly.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0