05-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #158
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
Got out on Sebring with NASA on 4/29 and 4/30 and Daytona full IMSA circuit on 5/5. First time running with NASA so they put me in HPDE1. A little frustrating but also fun running down cars that would have been much faster with experienced drivers. The instructor they assigned me races an E36 and has been out Sebring a lot so got some good tips from him. He was having a good time too egging me on to catch cars so not his typical HPDE1 weekend either. Used Harry's for the first time and had some issue with triggering the GoPro so only had the iPhone video so sorry for it being a bit fuzzy. The bouncy is just Sebring so no apologies for that.
Sebring finished off the EBC Yellows on the front and the Ferodo DS2500s on the rear, plus the left rotor cracked, so for Daytona prep the car got HP+ on all 4 corners and new rotors on the rear. Can likely take a few seconds off the lap time by pushing the braking points deeper but I was being a bit conservative after the rotor issue at Sebring. I was alternating between Harry's and Track Addict at Daytona and just happened to be using Track Addict for this session.

If you're using the GoPro 4 or newer, you have to close the GoPro app after you've turned on the camera. Running that app in the background while using HLT makes the connection unstable.