United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punko View Post
Any update on this? Thanks.
the passenger's side is packed and welded. after talking with the guy who did the welding, he had some requests to make the next one easier for him. mainly the 6 spot welds on the "lid" (actually the bottom of the muffler itself). instead of cutting out each individual weld, i'll be cutting long strips that are the length of all three spot welds in a row per inner baffle. using filler strips, he'll then just make two clean and pretty welds instead of surface patching like what was required for the first muffler. so, although the two will have identical innards, the bottoms will look slightly different. i plan on painting the cans black anyway... soooo... whoopdeedoo... no one will ever see it unless they're under the car.

after i get back from holiday traveling i'll be gutting the second muffler. once it's back from the welder's, it'll be time for paint, choosing tips, install, and then finally... testing! some of that schedule may be weather dependant, but rest assured... there is absolutely forward progress on this.

when testing does come, i plan to recreate the tests done for ExhaustFest 2012. i already have the dB meter from good 'ol RadioShack. obviously location and ambient air temp will be different (damn you, Cali, and your perfect weather!), but the rest i hope will be up to par.

- eric
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim

Last edited by v3.2mc; 11-21-2012 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0