Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlauz View Post
please comment also on things you like and things you do not like about the car
Pirelli P Zero Rossos.

Front 235/35 ZR 19 (91Y)
Rear 265/40 ZR 19 (91Y)

Things I like:

The looks. One of the best looking cars on the road IMHO.
The go-kart like handling.
The noise.
The fact that it's a real drivers car. You have to put the work in, which makes it a satisfying drive.
Heel and toe changes are so easy to perform.

Things I don't like:

Fuel consumption. I used to own an E46 M3, and I thought with this being 85kg lighter (103kg lighter with the CSL wheels) I was expecting better fuel consumption. I would say it's about 4 to 5 mpg worse in all driving conditions.

Small fuel tank. Combined with the above it means I have to fill up frequently.

And what makes that even worse is that for some reasons the shape of the fuel filler hole means it activates the fuel cut off in the petrol pump constantly. It's a real pain. This also means I can never tell when the tank is genuinely full, and in order not to spill fuel everywhere I can never fill the tank completely.

The gear change can be hard to get right from 1st to 2nd, and that results in bunny hopping. I have the new CDV (clutch delay valve) fitted so that makes things a bit better.

The engine, when cold, can be a real dog (but then I knew this from my M3).

The old style sat nav. I traded in my E90 330d with i-drive, and the Z4 M's sta nav just seems so old now. Not very easy to reach across to change settings on the sat nav either.

Other than that I love the car.

I was getting an E92 M3 at launch but when I found out the DCT gearbox would only be released next year, I decided to get this in the meantime.

My plan was to have this for one year and then replace it with the E92 M3 (DCT gearbox) next July. But it's going to be a tough decision now.
Appreciate 0