03-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
OutOn
zetero
Spain
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Question Z4M Ground Control Coilovers

Hi there,

Iīm in the market now for some basic suspension improvements for my car as the season of track days is to start soon. I use my car both at road and track, and want to get the best from my next suspension mainly at the track.

The first thing I need is a camber/caster plate kit to let the racing tires work correctly because on standard suspensions and aligments the front tires wore badly in the exterior.

So I was about to order some camber plates from Vorshlag after have read very good reports. I didnīt really want to get cracking/squealing annoying noises when driving on the road. And this kit is one of a few which dosnīt raise the front of the car.

As I was going to order from Vorshlag, I sent them an email this last week asking for a coilover kit for the Z4M with no answer so far. I guess this AST kits are expensive for my budget anyway.

But then yesterday I realized that Ground Control has got a new product at very competitive price which includes the camber kit (around 2000 $).

The questions for you experts are:

What do you think of this kit?
I think theyīre not monotube, right?
Do you think 500/600 is a good spring rate selection for track use on the Z4M?

Thanks a lot!

p.s. Out of the subject, I did my first drift day a month ago with the Z4M, had good fun with another members of a Z forum in Spain. Not as a "proper" track day but good fun anyway

Appreciate 0