View Single Post
      06-06-2021, 04:12 AM   #152
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

I think Max has some growing up to do but he still very young.
Why does he have some growing up to do?

All he said is that he was disappointed that he couldn't maximize his result.
That he couldn't make optimal use of the situation where others could.
I think any real athlete isnt a real athlete if he wouldn't feel disappointed when not achieving P1 when it was within his grasp. You want to cheer for an athlete that says: "if I had performed to my maximum ability I would have stood on P1 but I'm very happy with P3"?
I can only think back to the glorydays of F1 when Senna and Prost were fighting the battle all weekend long because the wouldnt take less than P1. Not only in the race or in qualifying, but also in all the practice sessions. They wanted to be #1 period.

Mind you, VER doens't blame anyone in particular here, he's disappointed in his own performance, that he wasn't there at the right time. And there is nothing wrong or immature about that. Not for an athlete that is there to win.

Using his age as an excuse is just another way to talk him down on a point that isn't really there. A poor discussion technique.

It's not VER that has some growing up to do here.....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-06-2021 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0