02-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #67
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
Hi, I think both the 4.10 and the 3.91 are a major improvement over stock gearing...neither is mild. I would say 3.91 is good if you want to preserve some revs and save a little gas. 4.10 is a take no prisoner approach to tearing up the asphalt. I bought mine from a top end tuning shop here in Chicago area called fall-line motorsports. I did a core swap vs. gear swap/rebuild. You can get the Dinan 3.91 for around 2500.00 plus 500.00 labor. The 4.10 is about the same price. On dry pavement with my snow tires (read lower traction), I get the traction light in the first 3 gears if I step on it too much. It does pull like a freight train.

BTW, if you are looking to get more out of your tune, I would suggest you read up on the RPI scoop and BMC filter combo. This relatively cheap mod can make your tune go to work pretty hard. Good luck.
hey with only 2500 miles on the car would i have to rebuild if i just get a ring and pinion? How usable is the car with 4.10, because my car is a daily driver but i just want to make it come to life a little more. Is first gear pointless?