View Single Post
      10-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Well I swung by after work today and checked out the car. Here are my thoughts. First off, the car has 68k miles so some wear and tear is going to be expected.

I checked out the car up close and in the sunlight before speaking to anyone. BSM is a nice color, never looked at it up close before. The paint had some swirl marks but that could probably be fixed with some good detail work. I took some video with my phone since it was all I had. Carlos wasn't there when I got there. The salesman was uneasy letting me take the car for a drive which is why he called you.

Took the car for a spin. Car felt pretty good. No clutch slippage at all. The power was there. Popped the hood and I could hear some clicking. Car could probably use a valve job. I didn't see the carfax or service records so I have no idea what maint was done or when. It should of had inspection II at that age I think. Forgot to look to see when the next service interval was due. The brake pad light was ON so either it needs brakes/rotors or they were replaced but the sensor was not. Either way I would have the brakes checked out. Brakes worked fine tho. Car drove good. Didn't notice anything out of ordinary. The area around there is kind of heavy in traffic and didn't get a chance to get on the highway.

I pulled over in some parking lot and took the longer video, really examining it. The worst part I believe is the trim around the windshield. It is really cracked and falling apart on the top and at the bottom where the wipers are, it is warped. I think they would have to pull the windshield to replace this. Didn't see any dents in the car at all, just little scratches. Most of them weren't too deep in the paint. Remember the car does have 68k so it has been on the road a lot. There are like 2-3 scratch/rockchips that are pretty deep but that happens.

The fangs on the bumper are scuffed like someone pulled over top a parking block a few times. You don't notice it from looking at it unless you crawl under the bumper so not really an issue. No holes in the bumper from the front license plate.

The drivers side wheels have the most curb rash but it isn't TOO bad. All tires are the same brand and have decent amount of tread. Has the OEM conti's on them. Thats it as far as the exterior.

Interior is in average shape. The drivers side door sill is dented a bit as shown in the video. No cuts in the seats or anything. No extended leather package. Drivers side seat is wore in. There isn't much foam in the "crack" of the seat where your lower back is. Felt pretty comfy and I had more room than I did in my car. haha. The nav system didn't have the DVD in so make sure you get that. The shift knob had average wear. Floormats were covered in plastic, might have been new. Car smelled aiight. They had some smell good thing in there. Didn't smell any smoke at all. Listened to the stereo for like 10 seconds. It worked like mine does, radio always seemed to be heavy on the bass. I only saw one key, make sure you get two.

That's about it. I can talk to you on the phone or skype if you'd like to ask anymore questions.

I still recommend having a PPI done by the BMW dealership. Classic BMW would be the best locally. They will find stuff to fix because it is their job to create an estimate, so you can use that as a bargaining tool to bring the price lower or have things fixed.

Videos:

Long Review

Orientation is kind of messed up. Sorry.

No Nav

Wheel Damage 1

Wheel Damage 2

Last edited by Blind32; 10-01-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0