View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 06:38 AM   #13
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Good video overall, B-roll at the beginning was great, they really stepped it up.

I do agree on a few things, such as the car being a little bit too quiet in bone stock form.

As an owner of both the E92 M3 and Z4MR, I don't quite understand his complaints about the M3. I don't think it was ever designed to be a sports car, nor does it pretend to be one. But it's a car you could easily use every single day. The Z4M, on the other hand, was designed as a sports car. That's why it's caught me so off guard when I bought my Roadster. I was really just looking for something with a drop top, and try out the S54. Never thought it would be so good, especially for under $20k.

Unfortunately, we live in a day where cars have to do everything. They have to be fast, engaging, good looking, quiet, fuel efficient, safe, high tech and be fast on the Nurburgring all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
I have to laugh at the comment of the owner wanting to quickly "move up" to P Car ownership. I say this as far from biased.....I'm a longtime PCA member and only very recently sold my 997 (still have a Cayenne S).

My Z4MC equals my driving enjoyment to my 997 step for step. I truly mean that and really never thought I would say that, because I consider myself "a Porsche guy" much more than a BMW guy. The car is just that good. The M96/97 engines in the 996/7 cars is good but it's not special, and is actually pretty maligned and massively overshadowed by the Metzger cars.

Obviously not so in the ZM's where you have a jewel of an engine. Also, butt dyno to butt dyno the 997 didn't feel significantly faster and that car had a lot of FVD products to help.

That's not to say I didn't love my 997, it was fantastic, and I could bring my wife and my 5 year old along. But the Z4MC is easily one of my fav cars ever and I've owned many in the $30-65k range.

Seeing these cars in the mid $20k's to low $30's, I think it's now one of the best sports car bargains you can get.....if you like driving and not bench racing.
That's really cool to hear that. Porsche has always been a brand that I've looked up to and would love to own one sometime. However, after spending the last few months on Rennlist, I'm just not sure I'd enjoy the cars as much as I think I would when you start considering how much more expensive these cars are compared to what I have, along with the maintenance/repair costs.

I know you've got to pay to play, but would I really have 5x more fun in a GT3 than my Z4M Roadster on a mountain road? I'm not so sure.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
Mtxzptlk871.00