View Single Post
      01-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #59
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
Another example where the dyno doesn't really mean--anything. I had similar experience when I only gained a pittance of 67 hp on my M6 and blew the doors off an MB SL65 AMG. I had more than just an intake it should be noted... Still normally aspirated though.
I completely disagree!!!

Dyno testing in repeatable conditions is the closest thing you'll get to real measureable results. You blowing away some loser in a MB means absolutely nothing, as street racing has so many variables involved; driver error/aggressiveness, gear selection, weight of the car/load, uphill, downhill, etc.

Your statement above is the kind of misinformed thought process that gives many BMW drivers a bad name. There are those that throw money at modifications without ever understanding what is really happening, and then there are those that actually care to learn what, and why modifications do to the car.

Not to mention gaining 67 naturally aspirated horsepower TO THE WHEELS from mods in a highly developed motor as that found in your M6 is pretty incredible, and you should be happy with the results.
Appreciate 0