GPower
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegz4m View Post
Hey everyone - just put my z4mc away in storage for the winter, which means I can start plotting changes for spring.

Current state is bilstein dampers, eibach prokits, AFE intake; Everything else is stock.
My goal is streetability, with probably 4 road race track days per year on a short local track that I'm guessing would top out in 4th, maybe 5th...

The first thing on my list is that 1 -> 2 shift, which is... tough. I don't have any complaint with the length of the throw, but I'm curious as to what experiences people have changing out various parts of the shifter assembly, and their effect on shift quality.

Difficulty: I know relatively little about the shifter assembly. So...

(1) There's multiple SSKs kicking around - who has experience w/ what?

EDIT - just saw the very detailed autosolutions SSK thread - good impressions that sound in-line with my goals - precise shifting, not much change in throw.

(2) Can anyone comment on the UUC DSSR?

(3) I've read talk about replacing various bushings with Delrin / Turner / ECS parts - but I've never seen a breakdown of the various bushings, what they are, and why replacing any particular one with a solid piece would be beneficial - is there a resource out there that someone could point me too?

Note - race solutions like the CAE shifter or Jafster knob are overkill for me - casually track days and daily driver summer duty are my main things.
The word of wisdom in the forum is that the Auto Solution shift kit is better than the others. I went with that after researching pretty much everything else that looked stock but improved the shifting.

Definitely change the motor mounts. Again the Vibra-tech seem to be the way to go. I can't feel any difference when it comes to transfer of vibration to the cabin.

I would add also transmission mounts since you are going that way.

And since you'll be under there check the giubo for cracks and wear.

Cheers
Appreciate 0