Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Video doesn't tell you how loud it really is since most/all the mic input that does the recordings have auto gain adjustments, which means, it will "normalize" everything so everything will have the same loudness (so it doesn't distort). You'll have to listen to it in person to really judge the volume. Like you, I loved how the SS Race sounded on videos, but I pulled it off in less than a week because it was so obnoxiously loud (at least for me). So, if you're unsure, do it in stages. If you're only doing this for sound, then I would start from the back and do the SS Race first. If you're OK with that, then go to the SS X pipe next. But if you're doing this for performance, then start from the front and do headers first. Be warned - Don't mess with headers and/or the secondary cats (S-pipes) if you don't want any issues with passing smog.

Finding that balanced sound is the most difficult mod since you won't know for sure unless you can find another car with the same set up that you can hear in person. Everyone's tolerance is different. I'm on my 3rd set of cans and still not 100% happy and this is just with the cans! I went from stock to SS Race (too loud) to Remus (too tame - just slightly louder than stock) to my current Eisenmann sport (slightly louder than Remus, but still somewhat tame). I may add an X-pipe someday. That's just my experience. Your miles may varies.

Happy modding.
X-Pipe plus Eisennmann Sport is perfect. Krissi has this. No drone, not too loud, pops/burbles, excellent. Rogue not Supersprint X-Pipe
Looking for an exhaust for my non-m 3.0si. Thoughts on eisenmann and a different brand for the "x" pipe? Rogue doesn't make a non-m version.
Appreciate 0