View Single Post
      12-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #15
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2skiddy View Post
Hi, I fitted 30mm Eibach lowering springs and carefully put the shims/washers in the strut to spindle. Fitted longer 12.9 bolts and cleaned out the threads on the spindle, as they were starting to corrode a little in there and jammed up the bolts! The car was loads better, lean in corners was vastly improved and I decided not to bother with uprating the ARBs. This was a back to back test on track, and the improvement was pretty good for minimal outlay. Yes the coilovers would be better, and I would go that route first, if I got another road going Z4MC. The ARBs were beneficial on my E46 M3 that I had a couple of years before, even after lowering springs, yet not necessary for me on the Z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exdos View Post
Uprated anti-roll bars on the Z3M is a must and the best bang for buck mod on that platform, but not the case for the Z4M.

Looking at your vids, particularly the one with the wiggle, I'd say that RTAB limiters would be a helpful first mod if you've not already done that.
No question there are mods you can do that provide more impact than a sway bar change, but for many of the groups that organize the events, their rules dictate some pretty heavy handicapping or classing penalties for mods beyond the shocks and a sway bar. Just depends on what your goals are. If you just want to go faster and don't care about where you fall vs. the competition you can do your mods and then let the chips fall. If you do care about where you fall in your classing, the last thing you want to do is install one mod that moves you into a class competing against other cars fully modified to the class limits where you're likely to consistently get your butt kicked.