View Single Post
      12-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #10
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
I know this advice has been given a thousand times on hundreds of car blogs, Butt . . . Evolution driving school!
Perhaps you have already taken more than a few Driving schools?
Perhaps Modding is just more fun!
Perhaps you have the funds to do both?

A 2 days evo school is about $500, say you need to spend 2 days in a Hotel, Add $300. $800 weekend. You're near Chicago, I would think you could find an Evo school with in 4 hours drive time almost every year, Plus you have the tire rack school very near by eliminating the need for a hotel.

The club Sport Coilover kit is $3,200 without Camber plates, which I think most would agree is a nice improvement.
My guess is that most of us would experience better greater benefit from 4 to 6 schools (if you haven't done that) than upgraded suspension on a car that is set up Pretty well.

If I was to upgrade any hardware on my Z4M, I'd do sway bar(s) with adjustable end links and play with all the settings, and spend the rest of that cash on Driving school. You can change sway bar settings while at the driving school at lunch time if you REALLY wanted to. That is 4 setups in 2 days under relatively similar conditions. you could potentially learn a lot about your cars set up for around $1000. In the end, you may find out adding swaybar(s) is of no benefit, or, possibly a nice improvement.

Have fun! IMO, half the fun is figuring this stuff out for your car and your driving style.
This x 100! To be truly fast at autocross you have to be able to use the dynamics of the car's suspension to make it move around to get through the course. Just steering through the course is slow regardless of what suspension you have installed. The Evo schools will definitely help with this.