06-29-2021, 12:14 PM   #8
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Hawks aren't winning anything this year. Like mentioned, I do see some issues for Trey when they change the rule next year.

He is a great player and I haven't seen him play a ton this year until this Bucks series (I'm a Bucks fan) but he isn't better than Luka. That's not a slight....Luka is amazing. Trey is REALLY good, too. Like you said, though, Trey is the one still playing now....ATL has a nice team. Bucks have definitely lucked out with injuries to the opposing teams this year.
They may not win it all, but for most ATL fans, they've over achieved as they weren't supposed to be here this early. I'm not one of those types though because I'm greedy and want to win NOW. Lol.

Most people haven't seen the Hawks play this season and that's something to think about. TNT only aired one single game on their network this entire season. Sad. Now that everyone is getting to see who Trae Young is and John Collins, etc., people are surprised.

How's this for a stat? Trae Young is only the 4th player in NBA history to record eight(8) 30+ point games in his first playoffs.

Also, and importantly, since Nate McMillan took over as head coach for the Hawks, they had the best record in the Eastern conference. Assuming they keep their core players and stay healthy, they're not going anywhere and should only get better.

By the way, if DeAndre Hunter was playing, this could be a much different series. He's a scorer and a great defender. Oh well, lots of injuries to all the teams this season. Bucks are lucky though.

As for the comparison with Luka Doncic, that will never fade away obviously. Atlanta did a much better job assembling a contender than Dallas did. The right mix of high draft picks and solid veterans.
Appreciate 0