View Single Post
      06-02-2021, 03:39 AM   #43
PJLux
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 328i

Man, this is a hard one. I mean can we break it down to a specific genre? Or at least console V arcade? If I were to break it down, for console that is, we'd have to start with which console I keep going back to. Turbografx-16. The game, Ninja Spirit. The controls are tight, the sprites are awesome for the era, and it's just a joy to smash through levels being an OP ninja- providing you collect adequate power-ups to suit your build.

As far as arcade? Holy hell, that's asking a lot. However it's a hell of a lot easier to answer (providing we include pins in "video"). Capcom's Big Bang Bar pinball. Bar none (no pun intended), hands down. I was working at a Capcom arcade in the Midwest sometime in the 90's. When we got that piece (Big Bang Bar) and I tried it out, I was constantly "testing" it during my tenure there. The ramps were great, the mini-games amazing, and the entire aesthetic- I think they knocked it out of the park. Unfortunately come to find out years later when I attempted to track one down to buy it, it was never released. My location was a test market unbeknownst to me. I flew back to the Midwest to see if I can purchase the pin from my old employer only to find out a vendor we worked with had already done so.

That's my white whale. I know another company, I believe loosely related to said vendor, got the rights to the machine and had produced 1500 limited edition units. I wouldn't even mind one of those. They just never pop up for sale.
Appreciate 0