View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Hey guys so not a lot of reviews on these coils around for our cars so thought I'd chime in. Just had them put on today and no alignment yet. With a lot of these product reviews I think its important to get a grasp on the amount of knowledge/ experience the reviewer has so thought id clarify my perspective on the setup.

The different setups I've had over the years are KW V1s on my old b8 a4, KW clubsports and V3s on my old F80 m3, and now the PSS10s on my z4mr. I'm not a track junkie(yet lol) ive done a few HPDEs and want to start autocrossing and tracking a lot more once this pandemic is over but the point I'm trying to make is I may not be as knowledge as some other people here who know exactly how to analyze/tweak rebound compression settings in detail. That being said here's my first impression and thoughts

These are only 1 way adjustable so low/high speed rebound/compression is not separately adjustable. Its all under 1 setting. Also important to note that it is VERY easily accessible at the bottom of the dampers. Adjusting all 4 takes about 1-2minutes.

I started off with 6 all around(1 is softest and 10 is stiffest). Car was definitely more comfortable and smooth than stock while also greatly reducing body roll and staying flat while cornering. On factory suspension I felt the chassis was very easily unsettled by imperfections and joints in the road especially on highways. This has definitely been improved. I then went 8F and 7R and felt that this was about perfect for a street car. Not a night and day difference but felt more dialed in and car felt very neutral cornering. I then tried full stiff on 10 in front and 9 rear and while I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable id say it was unnecessary for a street car and would actually reduce traction.

Comparing to my experience with KW V3s on my F80 M3 I felt like they were slightly less comfort oriented but I also had a slightly better idea of what my wheels were doing during regular driving and at the limit (even with that numb electric steering).

In conclusion if comfort matters, these feel very high quality and absorb bumps well while also improving handling. That goes without even trying less that 6 clicks. Normally I wouldn't care much about comfort but I think it matters with a tiny sporty street car like this. The easy adjustability makes this a great choice in the middle of the price range for someone like me. If money were no object I think I'd go for the KWs from my previous experience, but I plan on finding an e92m3 asap and doing a lot of stuff to it so I wanted to take it easy with the z4m. For more track focused people though I think I would go with another more hardcore option.
Appreciate 2
XMetal1132.50
David701567.00