View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #66
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Based off some of things that I've read after my post on here, I'd like to clarify a key point. I may not have a degree but would rather have one. I am a rare exception in society. I am a firm believer that if it's possible to get a degree, please do so. The average bachelors degree will typically get you a job (if you make the right decisions) making around $50-60K/year. However those with professional degrees can make $100k or more a year. Yes student loans are expensive, but if a person (again) makes the right decisions in life, student loans should be no problem paying off if one makes 6 figures a year. Yes it may take years to pay off, but this mindset applies to everything in life, work hard and chip away at the debt and reap the rewards after. Hard work and dedication usually pay off, as long as your head is in the right place, but rarely does one ever see instant gratification. Just because I don't have a degree does not mean that I condone the mentality of not having one if a person is able to obtain one.

Every persons life is different and some situations may work for some to whereas they may not work for others. In the immortal words of my father, "The only thing that can't be taken from you is an education."
50k with a degree is proof enough that one is not needed.
Appreciate 0