View Single Post
      06-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #16
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
I think I will try some Ferodo DS1.11 pads on the front and 2500s on the rear. I will swap out the DS1.11s for some 2500s as my street pads.

I'm gonna use the 2500s as street pads so that in the event I need trackable pads in a pinch they will work.

I am also thinking of doing a seat, harness, HANS device and mounting the harness the way Vanne has his mounted (as per the linked thread above).

The CG Locks are interesting, I will try one of those out, if I don't like it, I can use it in the passenger seat for when wife and kids come along for a ride

Cheers,
Eamonn
The DS2500 compound falls between Hawk HP Plus and Street/Race, neither of which is really adequate for the Z4M on the track. I had to move to the Hawk DTC60s (front and rear) on my 3.0si to get satisfactory brake performance. If you want to stay with Ferodo pads, find a compound that matches up with the Hawk DTC60 heat range. You might find Raybestos in same heat range also.
The CG lock will go a long way to addressing your issue with being stable in the seat. I've used it for years for autocross and track and it makes a huge difference. Cinch it down till it almost squeezes out a little bit of pee-pee and you'll feel fine once you get out on the track.