04-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Performance and content tho. This thing runs with GT2 RS’s and has stuff like autopilot and self parking at around $65k
The average Honda Accord or Camry buyer is not going to track their daily-driver; they just want inexpensive personal transportation that fits within their household budget, which should be the purpose of the Standard Model 3. I would bet a majority of the 400,000+ placeholders funded Tesla with the mind they could by a $35K MSRP EV, which falls into the payback model that makes an EV economically viable to most buyers in the market.

Since 2013, I've run numerous financial models to see if an EV financially fits my 33,000 mile/year commute. Being a 30-year 3-series owner, I'd obviously prefer a RWD performance-oriented sedan, but there are several other ICE sport sedans available to fit the bill. See an example below:

I'm just trying to point out the Model 3 EV has market limitations.
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-14-2019 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 2
David701567.00
Viffermike1753.00